As a Flagship AFROTC cadet (even if you’re not on a Flagship Scholarship), you may become eligible for additional benefits such as:
- Tax free monthly stipends and annual performance-based incentive pay during school
- Competitive priority consideration for Air Force career fields and assignments
- World-class leadership and professional development training, education, and experience during your time in the Air Force officer cadet corps
Graduates of an IU Flagship language program are not locked into any specific Air Force specialty. In fact, Flagship cadets are eligible to apply for virtually any of the dozens of Air Force officer career fields including rated (flying) duty.
As an officer serving on active duty in the United States Air Force, Flagship graduates will also have the opportunity to apply for language proficiency-based bonus pay and will gain valuable leadership, management, technical, and operational experience in the world's finest air, space, and cyberspace force.
To become eligible for an AFROTC Foreign Language Flagship Scholarship, students must first:
- Be cadets in good standing with IU's Air Force ROTC program and successfully qualify for one of IU's Flagship language programs
- Continue to meet proficiency requirements for participation in selected summer language programs and the fifth year overseas Capstone program
Additional scholarship requirements include:
- 2.5 minimum term and cumulative GPA
- A certified medical evaluation
- A passing physical fitness assessment score for the current term of scholarship award
- At least one standardized test score from the ACT, SAT, or the Air Force's own Air Force Officer Qualifying Test
For more information about AFROTC membership, current scholarship eligibility requirements and details, as well as information about what a career as an officer in the United States Air Force might mean to you, contact IU’s Air Force ROTC program at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800)-IUB-ROTC, or online at https://afrotc.indiana.edu/.