In the 21st century, knowing Chinese is an increasingly critical skill. Indiana University’s Chinese Flagship Program is designed to allow you to major in any of IU's fields of study while gaining professional proficiency in Chinese.
The Chinese Flagship Program is an innovative, federally funded program that prepares students to attain Superior level proficiency in Chinese. The program culminates in a year-long capstone experience in China, where you study abroad and complete an internship in your field.
- Reach professional proficiency in Chinese
- Pursue a diverse range of majors, from business to science to humanities
- Study abroad for a full year in China while completing an internship
- Intern in China at international companies like PwC, Dior, Edelman, and more
- Work in diverse fields after graduation, such as business, government, arts, and the nonprofit sector
- Develop personal and professional networks
- Receive scholarships for study abroad, in the summer and during the Capstone year
- Benefit from one-on-one individualized tutorials in Chinese
- Become global professionals